Monday, March 23, 2009

Musical Chairs...

Why do people sit in your seat in class?

Yea, I know I'm in college, and have been for a few years now, and I understand the concept of allowing students to make their own choices and become adults. So i agree with the no assigned seats idea in college. With that said,, though the teacher doesn't give u assigned seating, we do kinda sit in seats we like the most. That is, once we sit in a seat the first day of class, and then the second and third, we create a habit and maybe even an attachment to that seat, that area of the room. I know I do.

Which is why I'm so angry right now, the other day, I go into my African American Studies class, and this broad is sitting in MY seat. We've been in school 6 weeks already, and on THIS particular day she decides to sit in the seat I HAVE ALWAYS sat in. What I wanna know is, what told her it was OK? What in her mind felt it was appropriate?

NOTHING!

And she knew damn well she was wrong. How do I know this? You ask! Because she looked back at me when I came in the class and suddenly put her head down like she was reading over her notes, smh!

You know what I hate most about this though, is that there's really nothing I can do about it. I mean, what could I actually do to get her back or to let her know I didn't appreciate that gesture? I cant sit in her seat, because she obviously didn't like hers. So what do I do? Now I'm stuck. All I can do is try to get in class earlier so I can get my seat to the left of the classroom right next to the world map on the wall smh.

No comments: